We have approximately 18 computers for student use, available until a half hour before the library closes. You may use the equipment in room 321, the computer training room, when it has not been reserved for instructional purposes. Trained student assistants in room 311 can assist with basic software questions and printing issues.
Want to access our network at home to do research at home? Off-campus access to networked resources is available through CWRU’s University-wide Virtual Private Networking (VPN). Support for VPN and downloads of the recommended VPN clients are provided by UTech, the university’s technology department.
Our Academic Technology research guide features more information about all of our other academic technology, such as clickers, Canvas, technology-enhanced study rooms, printing, ePortfolios, brief formatting and taking exams on a computer.
Due to COVID-19, no print Course Reserve material will be available this semester. The law library will provide PDF scans of certain course materials at your professor's request.
Course Evaluations & Exam Archive
We keep printed versions of course evaluations for years 2006-2010. Online course evaluations from spring 2011 until now may be found on our Course Evaluations website.
Our Study Spaces
We have a variety of study areas to meet the needs of our students. There are individual study carrels on the 3rd floor and in the Richey Reading Room of the library, which is a designated quiet zone on the lower level. The Davis Room, located at the west end of the first floor of the library, is excellent for quiet study and enjoying the views of University Circle and the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
Eight study rooms are located on the 3rd floor of the library. All of the study rooms are equipped with technology, including a computer, TV and Intel Unite. The rooms may be reserved for one to five students depending on the room for a maximum time of 2 hours per day. Reservations can be made up to two days in advance and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Login with your network ID and password.
- Choose the day within the calendar that you would like to reserve, then click on the room and time on the grid to begin making your reservation.
- If no group has reserved a study room, an individual student may use the room with the understanding that they may be asked to leave by a group with a reservation.
- The same library food and drink policies apply to the small group study rooms and are posted on the doors. Due to COVID-19 concerns, only beverages in spill-resistant containers, such as travel mugs, sports bottles and those with twist-off caps, are permitted. All food is prohibited.
- Please remember that the rooms are not soundproof, so be considerate of your fellow classmates studying around you.
Library Amenities for Law Students
We offer phone chargers, Macbook power adapters, and bookstand standing desks for a 2-hour renewable check out. Earplugs are also available at our circulation desk. However, due to COVID-19, the lending of chargers, adapters, etc. are suspended.