15th Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy
Tuesday, September 6th - Friday, September 9th, 2022
Participants are responsible for booking their own travel, accommodations and meals
For one week each year, Case Western Reserve University School of Law organizes or takes part in the Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy jointly with other schools and universities. Faculty includes highly regarded academics from top-ranked law schools around the world, including Bocconi University.
The course features leading IP scholars and researchers from multiple countries in Europe and North America. The number of participants is limited to 50. Attendees must meet one of the following:
- have a graduate degree in law, economics or engineering;
- have an undergraduate degree in law (subject to a selection procedure);
- be a current American JD or graduate student; or
- be a young researcher or professional working in TTOs.
A participatory and interactive teaching approach is used for all lessons, including business examples and studies, practical exercises and direct contact opportunities with IP operators and companies. Free tutor assistance is also available. Attendance certificates are granted at the completion of the program.
An optional daily recreational program is available in advance to participants and includes invitations to cultural and social activities at free or limited costs.
- Graduate Degree in Law, Economics or Engineering; or
- Undergraduate Degree in Law or current American JD or graduate student; or
- The program is also open to government officials, lawyers, researchers and professionals working in TTOs.
For more information, contact:
Eric Siler, director, Academic Centers and Continuing Legal Education at CWRU, 216.368.1806; or
Laurent Manderieux, coordinator at Transatlantic Intellectual Property Academy.
US $900 (including materials)
Students enrolled in Universities of origin of the Transatlantic Academy's Lecturers can obtain, upon admission, a 20% discount on fees.
Program contents include inter-disciplinary, high-level teaching on intellectual property, Internet technology and international economic law and policy (as per details below), with added value in each of the following fields:
- North American, European and International IP and Economic Law and Policy;
- North American, European and International IP and Trade and Investment Economics;
- North American, European and International IP as a tool for Researchers;
- North American, European and International IP and Trade and Investment Business operational models.
As a result of their attendance to the Transatlantic Summer IP Academy 2022, participant lawyers, economists, scientists and engineers, as well as business specialists (at student or young professional level) are to:
- enhance, thanks to lectures by the best international IP specialists, their international knowledge in their own field of expertise;
- better embrace intellectual property, high-tech and international trade globally, as a subject item at the crossroads between different stakeholders.
For all lessons, a participatory and interactive teaching approach is chosen, involving trade and business case examples and studies, practical exercises and direct contact opportunities with IP operators and companies in a dynamic, horizontal and open work environment. In addition, free tutor assistance will be available to the participants, in order to ensure cohesion between the participants.
View the Schedule
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
George Gund Hall
11075 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106