The Age of Robert H. Jackson - London, Nuremberg, Today
Saturday, August 8th, 2020 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sponsored by the Robert H. Jackson Center and the Frederick K. Cox International Law Center
No CLE credit
The event is free
Webcast Archive Content
Join us for this free global webinar as we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the signing of the London Agreement and Charter and the establishment of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg on Saturday, August 8, 2020 – live at 9am EDT, 2pm BST, and 3pm CEST.
We will commemorate these historic events and discuss how the legacy of Robert H. Jackson and the Nuremberg Trials live in the world today.
Preregistration is required. You will receive a Zoom link to the webinar once you have registered. The webinar will be offered in English only and will be recorded
- Welcome: Kristan McMahon, President of the Robert H. Jackson Center
- Greetings: Ben Ferencz, last living podium prosecutor, Investigator of Nazi war crimes & the chief prosecutor for the United States Army at the Einsatzgruppen Trial
- Historical overview: John Q. Barrett, Professor of Law at St. John’s University, Elizabeth S. Lenna Fellow and Board member at the Robert H. Jackson Center
- Moderator: Michael Scharf, Dean, Case Western Reserve School of Law
Robert H. Jackson Center:
- David Crane, Founding Chief Prosecutor, Special Court for Sierra Leone
- James Johnson, Prosecutor, Residual Special Court for Sierra Leone
- Leila Sadat, Director, Whitney R. Harris World Law Institute, James Carr Professor of International Criminal Law, and Special Adviser on Crimes Against Humanity to the ICC Prosecutor
- Andrew Cayley, CMG QC, Director Service Prosecutions, Chief Military Prosecutor British Armed Forces.
- Mark Ellis, Executive Director, International Bar Association
- William A. Schabas, OC MRIA, Professor of International Law, School of Law, Middlesex University and Professor of International Criminal Law and Human Rights, Leiden University
- Henrike Claussen, Director, Memorium Nuremberg Trials
- Navi Pillay, President of the Advisory Council, International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- Klaus Rackwitz, Director, International Nuremberg Principles Academy