This year, we celebrate 11 new members to the Society of Benchers, the law school’s Hall of Fame. Established in 1962, the Society of Benchers inducts new members on the basis of extraordinary achievement and dedication to the highest principles of the legal profession, as voted on by their peers.
- Jennifer Lawry Adams (LAW ’96)
- Bryan Adamson (LAW ’90)
- Carolyn Watts Allen (LAW ’72)
- The Hon. J. Philip Calabrese
- Laura Kingsley Hong (LAW ’85)
- Valissa Turner Howard (LAW ’07)
- Kurt Karakul (LAW ’79)
- Tanya F. Miller (LAW ’99)
- Matthew C. O’Connell (LAW ’83)
- Dominic V. Perry (LAW ’80)
- J. Bret Treier (LAW ’85)
An induction ceremony and brunch will be held at “Ben’s Place” (the newly renovated student lounge) in the Law School to honor the new members on Sunday, Oct. 24, during Homecoming weekend. Members of the Benchers’ 2020 induction class will also be honored at the ceremony.