Commuting from Home

In order to be eligible for commuter status, you must be living in the permanent home of a parent within 40 miles of CWRU. You will be required to submit a letter or have the parent sign your release request. If your parent(s) move more than 40 miles from campus, you will be required to return to campus housing.

How to Request A Commuter Release:

  1. Complete a Housing Release Request form found on MyHousing (forms are also available in 24 Thwing Center)
  2. Have your parent or legal guardian complete the bottom portion
  3. Submit the form to University Housing via email ( by Monday, March 21, 2022.