Housing Requirement Releases

All first and second-year unmarried undergraduate students of the university who do not live with their parents within 40 miles of the university must live in a residence hall and participate in one of the board plans.  Students who seek a housing release must receive written approval from Housing.

Living off-campus may change your eligibility for financial aid.  A student's financial aid eligibility is determined in part by their cost of attendance (tuition, fees, living expenses, books, and personal expenses).  For those students who commute from home or live off-campus (not with family), the university uses a smaller cost of attendance to award a need-based grant.  These students typically receive fewer need-based grants than those living on-campus.  If you have any questions about your financial aid eligibility, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Housing Release Requests must be submitted through the room selection system by Monday, March 20, 2023, at 5:00 PM

IMPORTANT: If you know you are going to be living off-campus, you should not participate in room selection. If you choose a room, you will not be released. Your next opportunity for a release will be for the Spring 2024 semester.

I am requesting a release because: