At Sears think[box], we’re proud to host a range of programming designed for a K-12 audience. Please be aware of the policies in place relating to K-12 programming.
K-12 Waiver and Release Forms
All minors (anyone under 18 years old) must have a signed K-12 Waiver and Release Form filled out by a parent or guardian on file in order to work in Sears think[box], because think[box] is a workshop facility with many potential hazards. This form is not required for minors who will only be receiving a tour of the facility.
Minors will be granted differing privileges based on age. Please note that children 13 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- 0-4 years: May not use any think[box] resources or visit Floor 4. Must be within arm’s-length of a parent or guardian at all times.
- 5-7 years: May not use think[box] resources without supervision or visit Floor 4. Must have an adult supervisor present at all times.
- 8-13 years: May not use think[box] resources without supervision or visit Floor 4. Must have an adult supervisor present at all times.
- 14-17 years: May use any think[box] resource without the need for supervision by an adult, but must present a non-expired ID upon arrival (i.e. drivers license, state ID, passport, school ID or library card).
The following policies apply for any group of minors who visit Sears think[box].
- Size: Any institution or outside organization may bring one (1) group of up to five (5) minors at one time to work in Sears think[box]. Requests for larger or more numerous groups must be sent at least one week in advance to email@example.com and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Supervision: An adult supervisor must remain present with the group at all times actively monitoring the group.
- Forms: The group organizer must distribute, collect, and submit K-12 Waiver and Release forms upon arrival for each participant. Group members without a signed form will not be permitted to participate.