Looking to 3D print a low-cost prototype? Consider using the Desktop FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printers at Sears think[box].
How to Start
- Prepare your design using your preferred 3D modeling or computer aided design (CAD) software. (Not sure how? We offer a variety of resources so you can learn to use 3D modeling software.)
- Export your design as an STL (.stl) file. This is a common 3D file format that almost any 3D modeling software can produce.
- Print your part on the ultimaker!
Materials and Supplies
We stock many colors of polylactic acid (PLA) that you can purchase from us as a convenience. Speak with our team and we will issue you a spool of PLA in the color of your choice. When you return the unused material to us at the end of your print, we will weigh the spool to calculate how much material you used.
Please note: PLA material properties such as tensile strength or flexural modulus vary widely by composition and brand. If certain properties are critical to the success of your project, we recommend you consider our 3D Printing Services as an alternative to handling the project yourself. The industrial materials and machines we use in our 3D Printing Services provide more accurate and reliable results for the projects that need them.
Ultimaker 2+ Technical Information
- Build Envelope: 8.6 x 8.6 x 8 inches (220 x 220 x 205 millimeters).
- Step Height: 0.0007 - 0.023 inches (0.018 - 0.58 millimeters)
- Varies with settings, materials, and geometry.
- Filament Diameter: 2.85 millimeters