2023-2024 Application Closed
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Student Techician team.
Please return to this page in late 2023 for information regarding the 2024-2025 hiring cycle.
Interested in being part of the exciting work that takes place at Sears think[box]? Consider applying to become a student technician!
Our student technician team is composed of motivated students from all disciplines at Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Institute of Art. With no prior technical or work experience necessary, our student technicians represent a range of skill levels and expertise.
As a member of the think[box] team, you’ll be expected to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation including friendliness, patience, and strong communication skills as you support our efforts involving fabrication or prototyping. You can read the technician job description to see if becoming a student technician is of interest to you.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering applying to work at Sears think[box]? Be aware of these key dates in our application cycle:
- October – Application opens
- Sunday, January 22, 7-8 p.m. – Zoom Information Session
- Tuesday, January 25, 3-4 p.m. – Hybrid Information Session
- Wednesday, January 25, 7:30-8:30 p.m. – Hybrid Information session
- Saturday, January 28, 1-2 p.m. – Zoom Information Session
- Monday, January 30, 5-6 p.m. – Hybrid Information session
- Friday, February 3, 1-2 p.m. – Hybrid Information session
- February 6 at 9 a.m. – Application closes
- February 15 – Interview invitation notification
- February 22- March 8 – Interviews
- March 13 – Employment offers extended
- March 27 – Acceptances due
- August – Mandatory technician training before the semester begins
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can't be both a think[box] technician and an orientation leader.
Technician training coincides with orientation week so these two jobs are mutually exclusive.
Yes, we do hire students with Federal Work-Study.
CWRU students may contact the CWRU Office of Student Employment (216.368.4530, email@example.com) for more information regarding their work-study status.
CIA students may contact the CIA Office of Financial Aid (800.223.4700, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information regarding their work-study status.
Yes, we do hire international students.
CWRU students may contact International Student Services for more information about student employment for international students.
Yes, we will train you to use and help others use the equipment.
We want to hear from you! Please send any questions to email@example.com and we'll do our best to address them.