Sears think[box] is a free and public access facility. As such, we make no claim to the intellectual property of the individuals who use our facility.
Please be aware of the additional policies that apply to our makerspace:
- Document Sharing: At think[box], we encourage other facilities to adapt our documentation to suit their needs. Please send an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org and attribute Sears think[box] if you use, adapt or modify any portion of our documents and/or content.
- Prototype Here, Manufacture Elsewhere: While Sears think[box] encourages the development of entrepreneurial products and services, please note we are not a production facility. It is prohibited to manufacture more than 10 of any given item at think[box]. If you are unsure whether your project would violate this policy, please send an inquiry to email@example.com with the details of your project and a member of our staff can advise. We are happy to help you find professional manufacturing resources when your enterprise is ready to grow beyond our facility.
- Weapons and Tools of Vandalism are Banned: Case Western Reserve University’s policies prohibit the production of weapons, weapon-like items, weapon accessories, weapon parts, ammunition, or tools of vandalism in our facility. If you are unsure whether your project would violate this policy, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your project and a member of our staff can advise.
- Clean Up After Yourself: While we provide a shared workspace, each individual is responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the building and upon request. Please speak with a think[box] staff member if you require assistance.
- Consequences for Policy Violations: Access to Sears think[box] is a privilege and not a right. All policies are posted on our website and users are responsible for learning and following the policies. Violation of lab policies, knowingly or unknowingly, will result in consequences equivalent to the severity of the violation as decided by our full-time staff and may include ejection from the facility, banishment and legal action.