Interested in creating a unique embroidery design on fabric? With 96 colors of thread to choose from, the embroidery machine at Sears think[box] can make your vision a reality.
How to Start
- Prepare your design with your preferred 2D design software. (Not sure how? Check out our instructions on how to learn to use 2D design software).
- Bring your image to Sears think[box] and ask a student worker on our prototyping team for the Tajima embroidery software license drive so you can prepare the embroidery design file.
- Using the file from step two, prepare your embroidery design.
- When your embroidery design file is complete, ask a student worker to check your work and set up the machine.
- Operate the embroidery machine using your design file.
Materials and Supplies
We stock 96 colors of Polyneon #40 thread and stabilizer backing fabric that you can use for free.
Tajima SAI Technical Information
- Maximum Embroidery Size: 11 x 7 inches (27.9 x 17.8 centimeters)
- Maximum Speed: 800 SPM
- Needles: 8
- Embroidery Format: .DST and .TBF
- Memory Devices: USB Memory Key