Need to 3D print something especially strong, dimensionally precise, and durable? Consider using the Industrial FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printers at Sears think[box].
How to Start
- Review the guidelines and decide whether you want your part printed with the FDM or PolyJet printers. If you’re unsure, check out our guidelines for choosing the best 3D printer for your project.
- Prepare your design using your preferred 3D modeling or computer aided design (CAD) software. (Not sure how? We offer a variety of resources so you can learn to use 3D modeling software.)
- Export your design as an STL (.stl) file. This is a common 3D file format that almost any 3D modeling software can produce.
- Measure the volume of your STL file in cubic inches. This step is important!
- Multiply the service pricing rate by the volume of your STL file to calculate the price of a single part. Then, multiply that cost by the quantity for the total order cost. If you need assistance, check out our 3D printing services pricing.
- Order your parts using the FDM 3D Printing Services order form. Please order each STL file separately. You will receive an email confirmation when we receive your order.
- Complete payment for your order. You will receive further information on how to do this based on the details of your order.
- Wait for an email notification that your parts are ready. The expected turnaround time for one order is five to seven business days. You can watch your parts’ progress on our FDM Public Queue.
- Come to Sears think[box] within 30 days of receiving the email notification to pick up your parts.
Materials and Supplies
With our Industrial FDM 3D printers, parts can be printed in ABS plastic, TPU Plastic, or PC plastic. When placing an order for this type of print, you'll specify which material (and color) you'd like to use.
FDM 3D Printing Services Technical Information
- ABS and TPU Build Envelope: 12 x 10 x 12 inches (308 x 254 x 308 millimeters)
- PC Build Envelope: 16 x 14 x 16 inches (406 x 355 x 406 millimeters)
- Resolution: 0.010 inches (0.254 millimeters)