Have a metal shop project that requires extremely high precision cuts into metal? Get to know the mills at Sears think[box].
How to Start
- Bring your material and drawings of your project to Sears think[box] and speak with a staff member. They will help you get set up with the equipment, provide instruction, and supervise. Training is not required!
- If you would like to get trained and certified to use this equipment without supervision, read the "How to Get Trained and Certified" section on this page.
- Please be aware that there are times that the mills will not be available due to classes. Please call 216.368.4976 to check on availability.
How to Get Trained and Certified
- To train on the mills, we advise you first receive training on the drill press. The training for the drill press covers the fundamentals of machining that you should know before receiving mill training.
- Read the tutorial to familiarize yourself with mill terminology and fundamentals.
- After you've read the tutorial, schedule a training with a member of our team.
Materials and Supplies
Mills can be used for metal, wood, and plastics. If you’re unsure whether the material for your project qualifies, a member of the think[box] team would be happy to advise!
Jet Mill ETM-949EVS Technical Information
- Maximum Working Dimensions: 64 x 66 x 84 inches (162 x 167 x 213 centimeters)
- Table Size: 9 x 49 inches (22 x 124 centimeters)
- Quill Travel: 5 inches (12 centimeters)
- Speed Range: 60 to 5000 rpm
- 3 HP Spindle Motor
- Tooling and clamping fixtures provided
- Knee Travel: 16 inches (40 centimeters)
- X-axis Travel: 36 inches (91 centimeters)
- Y-axis Travel: 12 inches (30 centimeters)