Bend and cut sheet metal parts with the brake and shear at Sears think[box].
How to Start
- Bring your material and drawings of your project to Floor 4 of Sears think[box].
- Speak with a member of the Sears think[box] staff and they will help you prepare your files, get set up, instruct you on safe operation of the equipment, and supervise.
Materials and Supplies
The brake and shear can be used on metal and plastic sheets depending on their material properties. Thick or brittle materials may be unsuitable for bending or cutting. Please speak with a member of the Sears think[box] staff for more information.
National N5216 Metal Shear Technical Information
- Capacity (Tensile strength 55,000 pounds at rated capacity)
- Mild steel 16 gauge: 0.06299 inches.
- Stainless steel 20 gauge: 0.03543 inches
- Aluminum: 0.0320 inches.
- Cutting Length: 52 inches.
National U6-4812 Metal Brake Technical Information
- Capacity (Yield strength 30,000 pounds at rated capacity)
- Mild steel 12 gauge: 0.1063 inches.
- Stainless steel 16 gauge: 0.06299 inches.
- Aluminum: 0.05080 inches
- Bending Length: 49 inches.
- Maximum Depth of Box: 6 inches.