COVID-19 is characterized by respiratory difficulty and often patients require intubation and ventilation. The act of intubating can trigger a gag or cough reflex leading to an involuntary emission of virus-carrying fluid from the patient.
Based on the original design by Dr. Hsien Yung Lai in Taiwan, the Cleveland Intubation Box incorporates the following improvements:
- Viewing Panel: The beveled corner does not obstruct physician line of sight.
- Rubber Seals: The rubber seals provide another barrier against airborne virus spread.
- Stackable: The tapered box profile reduces the space needed for storage.
- Material: The polycarbonate material resists damage from handling and drops better than the acrylic material.
- Extended Top: The extended top panel increases coverage without impeding physicians.
- Designed for Hospitals: The holes on the right side of the box accommodate all necessary hospital equipment including both ventilation and suction lines.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandeep "Manny" Bansal, Jason Bradshaw, Ian Charnas, Umit Erol, Tiffany Frazee, Mada Helou, Raymond Krajci, Heather McFarland, Andrew Plant, Brian Rothstein, Kasia Rubin
CWRU, Sears think[box], University Hospitals, University Hospitals Ventures, UH Department of Anesthesia, UH Department of Critical Care Medicine, MAGNET, Die Cut Products, House of Plastics, Aetna Plastics