Membership of the Immune-Oncology (IO) Program is composed of a diverse and multidisciplinary group of investigators with robust strength in immunogenetics, cellular and molecular immunology, oncoimmunology, and translational immunotherapeutics. IO investigators work collaboratively to investigate, discover and improve current and new immune-based therapeutics in an effort to overcome mechanisms of immune resistance and evasion by cancer cells, and creating paradigm-shifting discoveries in both preclinical and clinical realms - with each effort informing and complementing the other.
- Elucidate the genetic and molecular mechanisms that control anti-tumor immunity and recognition of cancer cells by immune cells.
- Discover novel strategies to overcome acquired and/or adaptive immune resistance to immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Develop clinical trials based on molecular, cellular and immune cancer therapeutic strategies.
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of Population and Quantitative Health SciencesSchool of MedicineMemberCenter for RNA Science and TherapeuticsSchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterFacultyCleveland Institute for Computational Biology
- ProfessorDepartment of BiologyCollege of Arts and SciencesProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Biomedical EngineeringCase School of EngineeringDirectorCenter for Modular Manufacturing of Structural TissuesMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- ProfessorDepartment of Physiology and BiophysicsSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of PharmacologySchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- DeanSchool of MedicineSenior Vice President for Medical AffairsActing DirectorCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterDirectorNational Center for Regenerative MedicineProfessorDepartment of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Environmental Health SciencesMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineDirector of Cytometry and Imaging ResearchCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterSchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCenter for Global Health and DiseasesSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberHIV Co-Infections and Co-morbidities Working GroupCenter for AIDS Research
- Joseph R. Kahn Professor and Chair of PathologyDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineInterim Department ChairDepartment of AnatomySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of AnatomySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineDirectorMedical Scientist Training ProgramSchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterUniversity Hospitals Distinguished PhysicianUniversity Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- ProfessorDepartment of PediatricsSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineCo-LeaderImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterAssociate DirectorMedical Scientist Training ProgramSchool of Medicine
- ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Ophthalmology and Visual SciencesSchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineAssistant ProfessorDepartment of PediatricsSchool of MedicineAssistant ProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineMemberImmune Oncology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center