The overarching goal of the Developmental Therapeutics Program (DTP) is to identify and evaluate innovative and novel drugs that will overcome intrinsic cancer cell proliferation and survival mechanisms and to translate these findings into the clinic. The program seeks an enhanced understanding of factors influencing cell replication and signaling that can to be influenced by novel anti-cancer agents. The program leaders foster an environment for facilitated interaction of bench scientists and clinicians involved in anticancer drug development and thus provide a platform for improved patient outcomes. The DTP encourages both bench to bedside as well as bedside to bench research.
- To facilitate discovery and clinical development of novel anti-cancer agents targeting DNA including the following:
- DNA polymerase, ribonucleotide reductase and nucleoside analogues
- DNA repair
- Epigenetics and differentiation
- To augment research and discovery of novel strategies for therapeutic targeting of tumor signal transduction and the microenvironment including the following:
- Signal transduction
- Phosphatase inhibition
- Microenvironment including endothelial and immune factors
Developmental Therapeutics Journal Club
Thursdays at 9am in the 4th floor conference room of the ORIGINAL Taussig Cancer Institute, the ‘R’ building (room R4-013). Breakfast and free parking is provided by a DT Co-Leader.
NCI CTEP Agents
The NCI has relationships with a variety of biotech and pharmaceutical companies to provide access to new agents for either preclinical or clinical studies. To view the current NCI portfolio, visit the CTEP website and view "CTEP Agents and Active Agreements" located in the "Agents/Drugs" page under the Protocol Development tab.
If you are interested in working with any of the agents on the list, please contact Dr. Afshin Dowlati at email@example.com.
There are limited funds available for pilot projects for members of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center for:
- Performing correlative and biomarker studies on physician investigator-initiated studies
- Performing pharmacokinetics on early phase trials
If you are interested in applying for pilot funds from DTP:
- Print the pilot funds applications.
- Submit the application(s) to Marybeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Developmental Therapeutic Program Core Committee and you will be notified of the status of your application within 4-8 weeks.
- ProfessorDepartment of Biomedical EngineeringSchool of EngineeringCase School of EngineeringProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Joseph T. Wearn ProfessorDepartment of Physiology and BiophysicsSchool of MedicineDirectorCryo-Electron Microscopy CoreDirectorCleveland Center for Membrane & Structural BiologyMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Interim DeanSchool of MedicineInterim Senior Vice President, Medical AffairsSchool of MedicineDirectorCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterSchool of MedicineDirectorNational Center for Regenerative MedicineProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Environmental Health Sciences
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineDirector of Cytometry and Imaging ResearchCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterSchool of MedicineMemberCenter for Global Health and DiseasesSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberHIV Co-Infections and Co-morbidities Working GroupCenter for AIDS Research
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of MedicineDivision of Hematology and OncologySchool of MedicineHelen Moss Foundation-Schoff Family Professor of Integrative OncologySchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- ProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineCo-LeaderDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberHematopoietic and Immune Cancer Biology ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberCleveland Center for Membrane & Structural BiologySchool of Medicine
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of MedicineDivision of Hematology and OncologySchool of MedicineAssociate ProfessorDepartment of Anesthesiology & Perioperative MedicineSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Professor and Vice Chair of ResearchDepartment of Neurological SurgerySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberCancer Imaging ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center